Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Very Ordinary Day

I really cannot recall the last day I had to be home without any outside commitments. I tried to remember and all I came up with was 2 weeks ago on a Saturday when I cleaned the ENTIRE house and went to Blake's basketball game (which technically is a "commitment" but I thoroughly enjoyed it). Adam and I went to the gym, bank, car wash, grocery store and then I came home and switched out my summer wardrobe to fall clothes. Some of the more notable things that happened: I "found" a long-sleeve Titans shirt that I forgot I had (yay!!); Adam got "new to him" shoes with laces so now he has "tennis shoes like my brother" which made him very happy; Adam took a nap (he NEVER takes a nap anymore) although it only lasted about 45 minutes--it was nice!! It also rained!! It has not rained here in several weeks; and it rained only because I washed my car (also something I've not done in WEEKS because I was waiting for it to rain) and watered my flowers. All in all a good day!!

Oh, and did I mention, I baked (yes baked) pumpkin bread. Those who know me know that I am not a cook. The bread was a box mix left in my pantry from LAST fall--but it was very yummy and my boys liked it.

No comments: